|Sastha.com, Inc., USA||Job Advertising Details, $125 per ad for 120 days. Email the Job Posting e-mail: Sastha.com, Inc. or Submit Job Posting. Call 313-882-3776|
TITLE: Philosophy Instructor
Delta College, established in 1961, offers 150 transfer and career certificate and associate degree programs, and enrolls nearly 11,000 students each semester at its main campus and three learning centers.
Delta College enjoys a reputation as one of the nations leading community colleges. Contributing factors to this achievement are its enduring commitment to excellence, passion for innovation and focus on people. Those values can be seen in its AQIP Higher Learning Commission accreditation, charter membership in the National League for Innovation, Achieving the Dream participation, environmental stewardship and unique shared governance system.
The Colleges service area is comprised of Bay, Midland and Saginaw counties, each with its own appealing personality and features, located adjacent to Lake Huron in mid-Michigan. The region is an outstanding choice to live and raise a family because it offers small-town appeal, yet is the corporate headquarters of The Dow Chemical Company and Dow Corning Corporation which gives residents many diverse cultural and entertainment opportunities.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Demonstrate teaching effectiveness which supports student learning and encompasses pedagogies for student success to meet course or program requirements.
· Possess the ability to work in a variety of settings which promote quality learning.
· Maintain professional development to assure currency within field of practice.
· Possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
1. Masters degree in Philosophy from an accredited institution of higher education by the time of hire; area of specialization should be in applied or professional ethics.
2. Demonstrated currency in the field of Philosophy.
3. Demonstrated ongoing professional growth.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching community college students at the introductory level.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
1. Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including online and/or using technology as a learning tool.
2. College teaching experience at the introductory level.
3. Experience teaching diverse student populations.
4. Experience with teaching courses for dual enrollment initiatives.
Position will remain open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by March 15, 2015. The college reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified. All application materials must be received before an applicant will be considered for the position.
POSITION RANK: Instructor.
START DATE: Fall, 2015
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses. Three current letters of recommendation may be requested of finalists. https://delta.peopleadmin.com/postings/2105
IMPORTANT: Once you have submitted your completed application, if you are unable to attach additional materials, i.e. transcripts, these may be submitted to the Human Resource Office.
All new employees will be required to complete an employers verification form, I-9, no later than three (3) days from the date of hire.
Delta College ...Where Our Color Will Always Be Green. We believe in sustainability.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Global Job Search
Refer to PhilosophyJobs.com when applying for this job
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.